Sunday, March 6, 2011

Debate Of Location, Location, Location.

     There’s a debate occurring in my head over where I will finish college, the two players have very different intentions. One argues my neediness to cling to what’s familiar; it declares my safety net of friends, family, well-known landscapes and an innocuous way of life. The second rebuts with quick-wit stating adventure, diversity, and unaccustomed experiences will lead me to a fulfilled existence. Which perspective do I side with, when they are both born of my own mind?
                                            

Debater #1: Massachusetts

     The state contends that it will offer an abundance of rekindled friendships and relationships with family members. It also proposes an array of Colonial history, vintage architecture, quaint landscapes, and an ample bounty of nostalgic relief.

Debater #2: California

     From this state, endless experience, excitement, freedom and variety could be rendered. The Bay Area is full of splendid sights, including the pacific ocean, the rolling hills and funky buildings. A fruitful and diverse population may burst my mind and soul wide open to a journey of learning, meeting interesting new friends and discovering unawakened dreams.

Then there’s me:

     I know that now is the time to decide. At twenty-three, I can take a risk. So quite possibly, Debater #1 can offer me a sense of safety and stability. However, Debater #2 has volunteered to give me fearlessness and experimentation and isn’t that was life is supposed to be about? Are we suppose to cling desperately to the same old routine or are we made to be bold and welcome change to run rampant through our lives? If my choice leaves me with regret, I can always make another choice, right? So, why not take a chance? I mean, time is going to go by and there’s going to come a time when I’m not going to want to bust a move, because I’ll be too old and I might break a hip. 
So…here’s to taking chances.

No comments:

Post a Comment