Friday, August 19, 2011

It's all in the routine...


     We all have routines. It's a natural human desire to categorize, organize and simplify in order to gain clarity and keep stress at bay. This is true for most routines that we create for ourselves. I have many routines, that's for sure. Some routines are just a side effect of my OCD and aren't necessarily important, however, my skincare routine is definitely important. I have gone through bouts of acne, dull, dry, lifeless skin and I've got lotions, creams, anti-aging products and anti-acne products out the ying-yang. Though, to my dismay, most of them do not work. I have, however, gotten my skincare regime down to a science. I found the best products (or at least the ones that work for me) and I have strategically infiltrated them into my daily life to keep my skin looking fantabulous, daily!

I don't keep secrets, so if you're looking for a regime that actually works, here it is baby!:
Morning regime:
Step 1: Wash face with a gentle facial cleanser (I use AUBREY-Seaware with Rosa Mosqueta: Facial Cleansing Cream for dry skin).
Step 2: A great toner that doesn't dry skin, i.e.: Humphrey's witch hazel astringent...best toner I've ever used!
Step 3: Rub under eye area with extra virgin olive oil (you can also use the olive oil as a moisturizer for the entire face if you desire).
Step 4: Apply under eye cream (I recommend using ROC - Retinol Correxion: Deep wrinkle night cream... although it is a night cream it works well to plump the skin so I use it during the day).
Step 5: Apply moisturizer to entire face, preferably one with an SPF. (I use Olay complete: all day UV Moisturizer SPF 15 for sensitive skin) or you could use the extra virgin olive oil as your moisturizer.
Step 6: Wait 5-10 minutes then if you are going to wear make-up be sure to apply a primer (I loooooveee Too Faced Primed & Poreless).

Night regime:
(The nighttime regime is the most important as skin heals itself as you snooze, so be sure to cleanse, tone & moisturizer at night especially).
Step 1: Exfoliate skin with St. Ive's Apricot Scrub (exfoliate 2-3 x per week, otherwise, use any cream based cleanser in this step)
Step 2: I use Retin-A to treat blemishes and prevent wrinkles and fine lines. If you do too, then wait at least 20 minutes before applying the Retin-A after cleansing skin.
Step 3: Apply nighttime moisturizer (I have recently developed an addiction to Eucerin Redness Relief: Soothing Night Creme (the retin-a sometimes causes the skin to take on a pink hue, so this stuff works wonders). I also sometimes use Derma E -Vitamin E Skin Oil instead of the Eucerin.
Step 4: Get a goooooooood night's sleep...& wake up beautified! :-)

Everybody's skin is different but I hope that these skincare tips work for you as well. Stay beautiful, dolls!

1 comment:

  1. i used to be a big eucerin person. I somehow went off it though.
    xx

    http://nanakkii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete