Friday, September 2, 2011

I Wanna Do Bad Things With You.



I'm a little late with the True Blood craze...but boy have I gone mad for it! I've watched the first three seasons in the past two weeks and have fallen madly in love with Vampire Bill Compton. Good lord he is gorgeous...and dead. I adore the way Bill and Sookie care so deeply for one another and how their connection is so undeniably strong and sincere. I have never been one to rave about vampire's and all their mysterious sensuality...but I've been awakened to their intrigue. 

This show is just plain great from the opening credits (I love the theme song and imagery, it definitely captures the badass essence of the show) to the powerful plots and sinister dialogue. All of the characters are unique and add to the heart of the show. I shouldn't begin to list and explain each characters attributes and role because I would end up writing a novel.... but I will say that my favorite characters are Sookie (main character), Bill (vampire), Lafayette (cross dressing, gay cook), Jessica (young, "virgin" vampire), and Jason (Sookie's very stupid brother). Though, I really like all of the characters, these are just my favorites. 

Everyone on the show is sexy and the intimate love-making scenes are so believable that I'm not positive that the actor's aren't actually having sex. I like the real human emotion (and vampire emotion) that is captured, as well as, the violence and predatory behavior of the vamp's that is both terrifying and enticing. Those fangs, the darkness, the love and the tenderness...all of life and death's offerings are showcased in this delightful series. 

You want a new obsession?
Sit back and soak in some True Blood!

No comments:

Post a Comment