Wednesday, January 4, 2012

...In With The New.



Hey ya'll,

I'd say 2011 was quite a year for me. In the beginning of the year I was struggling with the decision to leave my boyfriend of 4 years and move to California. In May I made up my mind and trusted my intuition and headed west. The first month in California I was pretty depressed, as I was unable to find a job and I began second guessing my move. Soon though, I picked myself up by my bootstraps and put an ad up on Craigslist offering my services as a personal assistant. It read "I'm a college student willing to do anything you need, I'll clean your home, do your laundry, take your dog for a walk, babysit your kids, scrub your toilet, clip your toenails, basically do your dirty work for some cash!" AND it worked. I received several calls and began working as a personal assistant to several well-to-do people in San Francisco and the bay area! I was ecstatic that despite my inability to land a stable job, I had created one for myself, plus I was raking in the money as my clients paid me very well. Then in July I finally got a real job and continued to work for my clients. I met some friends and have had some wonderful times in the city, drinking, dancing and laughing. Spent time with friends going on runs, talking about life and just all around enjoying life.

In October I met a boy. He was the first guy I had developed strong feelings for since leaving my ex. Though it didn't work out, I learned a lot from our time together and really felt as though I was meant to meet him because I learned a lot from him and about myself. It didn't end badly, I think the universe knows that it's not my time to be involved in a serious relationship because it will only distract me from the dozens of things I should be focusing on. I want to be 100% before I become serious with another guy because my solid independent self is what was lacking in my last relationship. In November I spent a lot of time hanging out with people from work, including a boy. He was a friend who admitted his affection for me, I knew better than to get in too deep. He, however,  began acting like I was his girlfriend and unfortunately at the end of December I had to make things clear where I stood and stepped back a bit.

I focused a lot on developing relationships last year and longing for stability. This year, I am going to focus more on developing a stronger relationship with myself. I want to do things that I love, that I excel at. I want to try new things and learn new skills. I want to create the person I want to be by the time my 25th birthday rolls around in September. I am excited for the new year because it brings a feeling of new opportunities. I began working out in December and plan to be toned up with lean muscle by June 1st. I'm going to save as much money as possible without having to eat Top Ramen for every meal. That's probably my biggest goal this year, since there's a lot of things I'll need money for in 2012. Love is always appealing and I believe it is what we all crave, what keeps us all going. However, instead of focusing on romance this year, I want to find peace within myself. Truly, learning more about myself and creating the me I want to be will eventually lead me to the man I'm meant to be with.

I hope your new year was excellently superb and that all of your dreams come true in 2012! :)

Love & Piece,
Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment