Sunday, April 24, 2011

Bloodhound Gang

They are not The Beatles. Their lyrics don’t express a sense of peace or reveal a deep meaning. They are simply The Bloodhound Gang, a group that is talentedly silly. I listen to them when I’m feeling sarcastic and a little bit frisky. The band formed in the early ninety's as a punk/alternative band from Collegeville, Pennsylvania. Their melodies are energetic and fun and the words they sing are devilishly hilarious. I don’t take my music too seriously. Yes, I like the classic musicians and bands, but, I find music that is a little out of the box to be a great mood lifter. Gimme a band that screams about Jesus being a Mexican with a crowbar, stealing hubcaps from cars, or a song about the alleviation of having to bang your ex on their birthday. It’s a nice, comedic relief from most music. Sometimes artists just take themselves and their music too serious. It’s refreshing to see a band make comedy into music, and make it sound so damn good.
Take-A-Listen

No comments:

Post a Comment