Sunday, April 17, 2011

Moving Worries and Wonderment



It’s never easy to move. It’s always complicated and stressful. Don’t get me wrong…I am excited to relocate to California, but it’s bittersweet. I’m used to moving around, as I went here and there and everywhere during my adolescence.  I’ve lived in Florida for nearly six years now and I’ve sort of forgot what moving is like. My brother will be flying into Southwest Florida International Airport in a week. He’ll be accompanying me on the loooong (and dreaded) cross-country drive to California. We plan to leave Tuesday, April 26th. The closer I come to my moving date the more anxious, sad, excited and scared I get. It’s hard to have all of these differing emotions going on inside of me, but I guess it’s normal. The list of things I will miss in Florida will be short. However, I am going to miss my boyfriend, Rich. Our aspirations for our lives are very different and it’s time to do our own things, in order for us to grow. However, it doesn’t make it any easier having to leave the life we had together. We have two cats, Buster  (my cat) and Smuckers (Rich’s cat), and he will be keeping them, since I’m not exactly sure what apartment I’ll be living in and I don’t know if they’ll accept cats. So, technically, I’ll be losing three loves of my life in this new adventure. Hopefully, if things go well, Rich will send me Buster, once I get settled.

I know I could prevent myself from feeling sad and anxious, simply by not making the move to California, but I know I will regret it if I don’t move. I pray everything works out. I just keep reciting the quote, “In the end everything will be okay, and if it’s not okay, then it’s not the end”.  So, here’s to hoping that a risk pays off with reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment